As Transport Manager Logistics you are responsible for managing all logistic outbound activities within the Supply Chain department including planning of transportation, e-commerce logistics, store support, freight expense control and carrier management. The key role is to ensure the team deliver
Our client is an European retail company.
As Transport Manager Logistics you are responsible for managing all logistic outbound activities within the Supply Chain department including planning of transportation, e-commerce logistics, store support, freight expense control and carrier management.
The key role is to ensure the team delivers optimal logistic service against the most cost efficient way to serve to total business.
Brief summary of tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage and optimize the planning of the different outbound flows (B2B and B2C) to ensure business requirements are met;
- Manage outbound related KPI's and ensure KPI's will be achieved;
- Ensures alignment of outbound and inbound planning by partnering with all involved departments (Allocation, warehouse Ops, Inbound);
- Responsible for logistic customer service to all the stores;
- Effectively manage logistic activities for special projects like store openings and re-models by partnering with all involved internal and external parties;
- Ensure Custom Export activities are executed and in line with local legislation;
- Partners (& negotiate) with carriers to reduce risks (avoid claims) and minimize loss of merchandise;
- Assist the Director, Supply Chain in the preparation of the annual freight budget;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting, expense control and forecasting of all freight expenses;
- Initiate and coordinate supply chain initiatives and process improvements to maximize efficiency;
- Provide leadership and management to the team, including goal setting, performance assessment, counselling and ongoing training and development to improve performance and achieve individual and departmental targets;
- Collaborate with other Logistics departments and the European Head Quarters to meet the requirements of the business;
- Member of the ESC management team.
- HBO/University level in Logistics Management or equivalent relevant experience;
- Minimum 3-5 years' management experience in logistics and transportation preferable in retail;
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in Dutch and English;
- Market knowledge of Pan European Transportation;
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box in order to maximize efficiency of resolutions;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with diverse audience, from upper management to operations, to various external vendors;
- Collaborates with others; team player, values partnerships and encourages team collaboration;
- Experience in performance management and sharing feedback aiming at engaging others towards results;
- Experience in training, motivating and developing team members.
Herken je jezelf in dit functieprofiel, gebruik dan onderstaande link om te solliciteren. Als je meer informatie wilt over deze vacature, kun je contact opnemen met Paul Custers, telefoonnummer: 077-3201320
Solliciteer op deze functie