Data2Logistics audits freight transactions to identify billing errors and reduce expenses for all modes of domestic and global transportation.
Data2Logistics audits freight transactions to identify billing errors and reduce expenses for all modes of domestic and global transportation. However, the primary benefit our customers receive is the information we provide. We support our customers’ success with the industry’s best Web-based tools, providing actionable information from our transportation database.
We are currently looking for an:
The EDI Specialist’s role is to develop, coordinate, implement, and communicate Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) trading partnerships between Data2Logistics, its Clients and their Carriers’ systems. This individual is responsible for ensuring that EDI-related production and procedures are maintained and properly executed, including development, change requests, and EDI integration projects. The EDI Specialist will also act as liaison between Clients, their Carriers and the IT staff implementing EDI-based applications.
Principal Duties and responsibilities (of the job):
- Work with cross-functional D2L teams to implement data trading partnerships between D2L, its Clients and their Carriers.
- Work within the Information Technology group to accurately map EDI transactions into D2L’s systems and business processes.
- Lead, coordinate, and administer key process improvements to EDI implementations.
- Participate in design and review of new applications and integration strategies of EDI systems.
- Coordinate with IT’s Technical Operations team to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of EDI software and systems to meet business demands.
- Perform system configuration, mapping, and management for EDI-based transactions and processes.
- Install, coordinate, and support EDI-related products.
- Recommend and execute modifications to EDI systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Assist in research of EDI-related software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Develop and maintain EDI training materials and systems and process documentation.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of EDI standard formats (ANSI X12, EDIFACT, etc.) and EDI translators.
- Experience in or knowledge about managing data and mapping client data into defined EDI standard formats.
- Experience or knowledge about using data translation technologies (e.g. Gentran, Unix/Linux shell scripting, PERL script, etc.).
- Working technical knowledge of coding standards
- Familiarity with multiple data formats (e.g EDI, XML, CSV, etc.)
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Some travel as needed.
- Flexible working hours
- Fully paid pension scheme
- 27 - 29 holidays, based upon a 40 hr work week, plus 8 additional bank holidays
- Annual study budget
- Posibility to enter an indefinite contract
- Travel / commute expense
- Salary in accordance with market standards
- 8% holiday allowance
- Participate in an annual incentive program
- The ability to grow within an internatioanl financially sound company
The ability to work with global Forbes 1000 clients
Data2Logistics, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all persons shall receive equal employment opportunities in accordance with their job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or disability
We want to be recognized globally as the market-leading provider of transportation logistics information and analysis.
Please check our website www.data2logistics.com for more information or contact Maurice Houwing, Director of Operations Data2Logistics.
Rivium 1e Straat 101
2909LE Capelle aan den IJssel
Phone: +31(0) 10 266 1040
Mobile +31(0) 64 834 5920
Fax: +31(0) 10 266 1049
Please leave your resume behind on our online application form.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated!
Solliciteer op deze functie