The position of customs compliance specialist is mainly aimed at overseeing import and export of merchandise in Europe.
SODASTREAM INTERNATIONAL BV IS LOOKING FOR A:
Customs Compliance Specialist
Fulltime | Rijen
SodaStream is the manufacturer of Sparkling Water Makers that changes tap water into fresh sparkling water in a few seconds. This Sparkling Water Maker allows people to take initiative and to brew original sparkling beverages with surprising light or intense bubbles in a sustainable way. In fact, this device counteracts the consumption of plastic bottles. That's SodaStream.
To strengthen our dynamic team in the Netherlands, we are looking for employees who match our products. Sparkling of energy, original and bold. Active participants (to our projects) who make the difference and think out of the box. Those who choose change, dare to take calculated risks and always get the best out of themselves.
Interested and want to know more about sodastream? Take a look at our website www.sodastream.nl
The position of customs compliance specialist is mainly aimed at overseeing import and export of merchandise in Europe. This includes tracking shipment status, ensuring the accuracy of import and export documents, monitoring the performance of European customs brokers and ensuring timely customs clearance. The specialist works closely with carriers, brokers and internal departments to coordinate accurate reporting to involved government agencies and to minimize supply chain disruptions by proactively addressing regulatory requirements and striving for continuous process improvement.
The customs compliance specialist:
- Builds and expands the centralized European shared services center to ensure that all European locations meet necessary government regulations while importing and exporting cost-effectively and explore ‘in house’ activities.
- Audits customs entries to ensure accurate declaration of value, HS classification and tariff treatment and communicates adjustments to customs broker.
- Manages the market relationship with designated customs broker by clearly communicating expectations, monitoring performance and providing feedback.
- Facilitates resolution of supply chain disruptions related to customs or other government department requirements.
- Minimizes demurrage and/or detention charges through close monitoring of port arrival dates and scheduled delivery dates.
- Maintains a firm understanding of hazardous material handling requirements and possess the ability to direct the customer in Dangerous Goods Declaration requirements.
- Is willing to travel to other countries as required. Expected to travel within Europe once a month (1-2 days).
- HBO level is required, preferably in the field of business management, transportation, logistics or supply chain.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in customs brokerage, transportation and international trade is required.
- Knowledge of multiple modes of transportation (including containerized cargo, LCL freight, airfreight and trucking), customs systems and procedures and agencies governing international trade is required.
- Experience with European customs processes and procedures, coordinating imports from outside Europe and facilitating clearance and delivery of freight between Israel and Europe is desirable.
- Experience in working with MS Office is required.
- Excellent level of English and Dutch language is required.
- Has strong analytical, problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Has excellent attention to detail and desires to learn and continuously improve.
What Sodastream has to offer?
Sodastream is a growing company and there are plenty of opportunities to grow with us. We offer you a fun, versatile and vibrant work environment in which you can adequately challenge and develop yourself. In addition, you will work in a fresh and open team, with lots of freedom and responsibilities in your work.
Enthusiastic, commercial and environmentally aware candidates can apply by clicking on the apply button, sending a Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Customs Compliance Specialist, Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation
Solliciteer op deze functie