The Manager Network Planning & Engineering is responsible for the long term network planning of the Ground Networks in Europe.
FedEx Corp. provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $46 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
Currently we are seeking candidates to our Company in the Netherlands for a position:
MANAGER NETWORK PLANNING & ENGINEERING
The Manager Network Planning & Engineering is responsible for the long term network planning of the Ground Networks in Europe. The job holder creates and manages the overarching program management for the operational integration of long term network planning in Europe. The Network P&E Manager paves the roadmap for road integration of TNT and FedEx road networks, product launches, service optimisation and infrastructure capacity investments. We offer the opportunity to be a member of the management team of the Road Planning & Engineering department reporting directly to the MD Road P&E. This network planning team will face one of the most import challenges within the new combined entity of FedEx and TNT.
- Manage a team of analytical network and business experts that provides quantified answers to road network business questions leading to direct decision making of Senior Leadership
- Support the holistic integration and base planning of the road networks of FedEx and TNT Express and lead the network planning roadmap. Ensure alignment with countries on optimal planning and execution of infrastructure and network planning
- Manage the yearly strategic road network and infrastructure planning cycle driving the investment plan aligned with planning and integration
- Support the location Capex and Business Case process with detailed and fact based network analysis
- Redesign the road network from a planning and capability point of view (cut off times, sort windows, new products, transit times)
- Provide strategic guidance to the Linehaul Engineering department that drives mid and short term planning
- Manage the data sourcing, quality and availability for usage of network planning solutions
- Manage the network planning solution development, together with linehaul engineering department, paving the road for single network planning process and procedures in Europe
- Monitor and support detailed project planning and execution
Support financial integration reporting for Road P&E
Preferred experience/ knowledge
- Master Degree in engineering or quantitative discipline
- Seven years or more experience in (Express) transportation and five year or more experience in operational network planning and engineering
- Proven analytical skills in logistical business environment and capability to communicate results clearly to senior leadership
- Knowledge of the current Operations process & systems is an advantage
- Experience in network planning
- Ability to communicate and present at all levels within the organisation both written and verbal in native and English language
- Stakeholder management experience
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track progress
- Finance knowledge for non-Financial Management
- Experienced user with data modelling tools
- Proficient use of Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Analytical thinker with a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Flexible, no nine-to-five mentality including ability and willingness to travel for up to 50% of the time
- Result and target oriented, flexible approach towards work
Responsible and taking ownership of decisions, i.e. accepting accountability
Terms & conditions
- A challenging position at the heart of the integration of two large Express companies in an international and dynamic working environment
- An independent position with responsibilities
- A management role on a permanent basis
- Working in an international team with international colleagues
Based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Are you interested?
Start influencing your future now by sending your resume and motivation letter in ENGLISH to Frank Wouters, MD Planning & Engineering Road Network, email@example.com.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE NETHERLANDS. FEDEX DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Manager Planning, Manager Engineering, Network Planning, Engineering, Transportation, Transport, Logistics, Logistiek, Stakeholder Management
Solliciteer op deze functie