The Sourcing & Contracting department is part of the European Supply Chain Management department that supports our Petrochemicals SBU and is responsible for formulating
Sabic located in Sittard has a vacancy for a
The Sourcing & Contracting department is part of the European Supply Chain Management department that supports our Petrochemicals SBU and is responsible for formulating and executing the sourcing strategy for packed and bulk transport in Europe. For 6 production locations and 10 external warehouse locations spread over Europe we take care of the full sourcing process of outbound transport to customers.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Sourcing & Contracting team is responsible for the end-to-end commercial process and focusses on building a reliable, high quality network of suppliers that offer best in class logistic services. Delivery reliability, transport safety, security of supply and customer satisfaction are the typical performance parameters. Securing these services at the best available commercial conditions is the main challenge.
- The Strategic Buyer plays a key role in the tender process and contract negotiations, but also in the contract management and execution.
- The Strategic Buyer is strongly involved in the tender preparation, data analysis, negotiations and final implementation of the tender outcome.
- Together with the Category Manager, the Strategic Buyer is responsible for managing a diverse international portfolio of suppliers and strongly involved in the selection and introduction of new suppliers or transport services.
- The Strategic Buyer is responsible for steering the day-to-day operations and contract management in close cooperation with the Transport Purchaser. If needed (s)he will support the Transport Purchaser in solving operational issues.
- As transport expert the Strategic Buyer will be involved in Supply Chain projects
- (S)he is a good networker, knows what is happening in the transport market and is able to create commitment at suppliers. This is a ‘spider in the web’ role with a broad variety of both internal and external relations (Sales, Business Management, Planning, Site Logistics and Suppliers).
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics or Supply Chain.
- Additional education in Supply Chain Management (e.g. APICS) is a strong asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Networker with a strong commercial drive.
- Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and in writing), basic skills in German.
- Minimum 3 year experience in logistics or business management in an international business environment
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Corporate Recruiter, tel +31 (0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
People who can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better. SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 6,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Apply for this job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Keywords: Logistiek, Logistic, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Strategic Buyer
Solliciteer op deze functie