Responsible for formulating purchasing policy, drafting and advising on contracts and taking care of the execution and optimization of the purchasing function.
Associate Manager - Procurement Lead - The Netherlands
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson (SCJ), a family company for the last 130 years, is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. We employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. SCJ’s product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Responsible for formulating purchasing policy, drafting and advising on contracts and taking care of the execution and optimization of the purchasing function within SC Johnson Europlant, in consultation with internal stakeholders and in line with international procedures and guidelines for an efficient and effective purchase of products and services to realize.
The Procurement Lead coordinates with procurement stakeholders (both internal and external) and manages the various interests. Any bottlenecks in the purchasing process are identified, as a result, the Procurement Lead initiates, develops and implements improvements for the procurement process and underlying systems. The objectives in terms of quality, satisfaction and reliability are achieved. In a communicative manner, stakeholders and Management Team must be convinced of (potentially) improvements in the purchasing process.
In addition, the function is responsible for the people management of the Buyer function.
- Responsible for developement and implementation of (buying) recources and policy for SCJ Mijdrecht;
- Develope, implement and monitoring procedures For business and recource department (buying materials and recources);
- Realize costsavings by negotiating prices of third parties;
- Continuous improvement of the quality of the recourceproces;
- Check contracts third parties and contractors on legal terms and if they are in line with SCJ policies and Dutch law;
- Strategic purchase for big and complex projects;
- Tactical purchase for ongoing contracts and procucts
- Improve dayly activities on operational purchase
- Align with (possible) global sourcing initiatiative
- Business partner witht operational/strategic eye on the organisation
Desired Skill Requirements / Competencies / Experience:
- HBO bachelor degree in finance or economics
- Course in purchase
- Management skills
- 3-5 years experience in similair job
- Fluent in Dutch and English
You can apply via the ''Apply'' button.
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.
Solliciteer op deze functie