For this role we are looking for a logistics engineer with extensive experience in warehousing.
Samsung SDS Smart Logistics Europe
The Korean multinational Samsung Group is active in electronics, machinery, chemicals, motors and finance & insurance. Its global headquarters is located in Seoul, South Korea.
In the Smart Logistics business unit we provide innovative services by developing and applying optimized solutions for logistics. These services include End-to-End Visibility and Integrated Logistics Platforms. Smart Logistics is divided into three areas: SCL consulting, SCL solutions (Cello), and logistics services. In Europe our main customer is Samsung Electronics with whom we collaborate in order to optimize their European Supply Chain strategy for all electronics products.
That is why we search for candidates with a discerning eye because we believe that our people give us the competitive advantage against our competitors.
Samsung SDS Smart Logistics is a rapidly growing organization, always looking for highly motivated and innovative individuals. If you are eager to tackle challenges, and looking for an environment that allows you to explore all the possibilities, Samsung SDSE is the perfect match for you.
In our Distribution Centers for Samsung Electronics in Tilburg and Breda we are currently looking for a fulltime:
Tilburg and Breda
Purpose of the job:
Analyze current operational warehouse processes and develop, suggest and implement innovative logistics solutions in order to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs. Develop and support implementation of processes for new operations or additional product groups.
The logistics engineer is part of the Logistics Innovation and Systems team located in the Centralized Distribution Center in Tilburg. The team is a mix of IT specialists, logistics engineers and operational support functions.
Key activities of the logistics engineer are:
Improve warehouse processes
- Analyze current warehouse processes and initiate improvement possibilities
- Perform ‘what if’ analysis in order to determine opportunities for innovation
- Continuously analyze location setup to optimize warehouse utilization and efficient routing
- Pro-actively identify process deviations and translate deviations into solutions and improvement proposals
- Continuously design, improve, and update the warehouse lay-out
- Initiate automation/mechanization solutions
Improve warehouse systems
- Translate business needs and system requirements into processes
- Identify and suggest improvement of the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Set up process descriptions and functional specifications for development and configuration
- Create testplans, excute tests and hand-over deliverables to operation and monitor impact
- Project management related to optimization of warehouse processes and system changes
- Manage implementation of new operations and changes in product portfolio
- Create business cases and calculate (expected) Return on Investment of improvement initiatives
For this role we are looking for a logistics engineer with extensive experience in warehousing. Besides strong analytical skills, our ideal candidate has strong communication and persuasion skills. He/she is a flexible problem-solver with a strong hands-on mentality that is used to work in teams.
We are looking for a person with:
- A Bachelor/Master degree in Logistics /Supply Chain Management
- Project Coordination/Management skills
- 3-7 years working experience in a warehousing and/or engineering role
- A proficient level of English
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience with ERP and WMS system
If this role matches your profile, and you are ambitious to work for one of the fastest growing companies in the world, please send your CV and motivation letter to HR via the apply button.
Keywords: vacature Logistiek Specialist Tilburg, Logistics Engineer Breda, Supply Chain Management, SCM, Distributie, Transport, Projectmanagement, Noord-Brabant
Solliciteer op deze functie